Adoption Application Preamble
AMERICAN BRITTANY RESCUE’S GOAL IS TO HELP MATCH YOU AND YOUR NEW COMPANION IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY, STARTING WITH THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE IN THIS ADOPTION APPLICATION. PLEASE CAREFULLY READ BELOW BEFORE COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
When “Adoption Application” is clicked on the website it would go to an info page first. Letting applicants know that:
- ABR is a non-profit org., with 501(c)(3) status. All people involved in ABR are unpaid volunteers.
- Dogs are not adopted on a first come, first served basis. (more info below)
- Adoption fees may change from state to state, therefore ask the foster of the dog you are interested in as to specific fee for that particular dog OR contact the State Coordinator in that state for the range of adoption fees.
- ABR is looking to place dogs in permanent forever homes, therefore be sure you are willing and be able to have the time and finances to care for the dog in the long term. Heartworm/Flea and Tick Prevention, as well as yearly vaccinations are required. Along with caring for your new dogs medical needs, remember that most communities require yearly licensing of dogs.
- All our brittanys are considered “household pets” first and hunters second. Not to say that our brittanys will not hunt, but that is not our first priority in placing them unless we know for a fact they were hunted. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ABILITY FOR ANY OF OUR BRITTANYS TO HUNT.
- Please read and understand the Adoption Contract before proceeding in submission of your application. If you have any questions, please contact your state coordinator. If you do not know the coordinator for your state, you can easily find them on our home page under “list of state coordinators”.
- Brittanys in general are high energy dogs, in need of plenty of exercise. While there is always the exception to the rule, be sure you have the time, energy, and area, to ensure the dog is able to receive the exercise that he/she will need.Rescue Brittanys may require 3 to 6 months of adjustment time in their new home. Please read carefully their stories and take their needs into consideration when choosing a dog for your family.
Thank you in advance for your interest in helping a Brittany in need.
CLICKING the link to the “Adoption Application” verifies that you have read and understand the above information.